Saturday, October 15, 2011

Clay

I have recently been faced with a... difficulty, shall we say, in my life. I would not call it a "tribulation" or a "trial" because it does not compare to what many people face in life. 


This is just a little something that the Lord has shown me that can really be applied to any "difficulty" you may face in life and I just wanted to share it with you all. (Most of it was thought about at work when I have nothing else to think about)


It is amazing what God will do if you just surrender to him. The sermons that my pastor has preached lately have been EXACTLY what I needed. It almost seemed like I was going to church and "selecting" the sermon that I needed to hear that day. The Lord just laid it out for me. Specifically one of the sermons that my Pastor preached was on the omniscience of God. He preached about how God knows why we are going through whatever we are going through and he cares. It was just what I needed to hear.


Well at work I began to think about things the Lord puts us through. I preached a sermon in nursing home last Sunday about "suffering" and how to deal with it. I knew the basics and of course I know the verse "And we know that all things work together for good..." Of course we know suffering is for growth and depending on the difficulty, it helps you in that specific area of your life. But I could not help but wonder, "what else? Is there one thing that we can ALWAYS look to as we go through ANY difficulty?"


I began to think of the story in Jeremiah 18. Where the Lord talks to Jeremiah about the clay. And how the clay was "marred" in the masters in hand. He had to take the clay and remold it to the way he wanted it to come out. Suddenly it hit me. The master (the Lord) takes the clay (us) and does not give up on it! He has not given up on the piece of clay!


The Lord showed me that one thing we can always look to in times of trouble is quite a simple revelation. He isn't done with us yet! I have not done anything SO terrible or SO wicked that God just said "ya know what? It's not worth molding anymore, just forget it" No! He has not given up on me, he is going to mold me and make me what he wants me to be. I would much rather have the Lord work on me and make me more like him then just sit as a marred piece of clay. Thank you Lord for not giving up on me!


That's pretty amazing when you think about it... The God of the universe cares enough to not give up on me.
Psalm 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 


I know this sounded so simple, and so obvious but it was a great refresher for me. It was a blessing to me and I wanted to share it with you all.


Since I am blogging... I might as well tell what has been going on lately :)


School is going well and I am looking forward to mid-terms. I am starting a 7.5 week online 3 credit hour Civil War class... wow! it should be interesting


I still work at Wal-Mart... Mostly working outside (that is why I have had so much time to think) I have gotten some cashier shifts here lately. I would love to get into the electronics department sometime, but I feel I am were the Lord wants me at this point.


My Sunday School class is getting big! It is exciting. We have twin boys that are coming named Elijah and Isaiah. The Lord has really given me a burden for them lately. They both have speech impediments but both seem very smart. I was able to talk to them on Wednesday night about the gospel. One of them said they weren't a sinner and the other one said he was. I asked the one that said he was a sinner if his brother was a sinner. He, of course, said yes :). They did not get saved, but I am thankful for the opportunity to teach them in Sunday School and help with them in Master Clubs.

I hope everyone... everyone? Does anyone even read this anymore? haha. I just thought it was nice to get my thoughts on... paper? how bout on website :)

As I was saying! I hope everyone is doing well! Leave a comment if you so choose!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aaron, I just wanted to let you know that we still check up on your blog once in a while...I am glad to hear of how you are serving the Lord and how he is working in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete